Does My Facility Need A Permit?

To determine if your facility is subject to the Multi-Sector General Permit (TXR050000) or the Redi-Mix General Permit (TXG110000) , you will need to determine the Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) code for your facility. The SIC code is a four-digit code and can generally be found on your sales tax permit. You may have a six-digit NAICS code instead. If so, you can convert the NAICS code to a SIC code by visiting the following site,, and entering your NAICS code. If the search results contain more than one SIC code, choose the one that best fits your business. If your SIC code is listed in the Multi-Sector General Permit, then your facility is subject to the permit.

If you determine that a permit is needed, you are then required to develop a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWP3), and submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to the TCEQ and to the City of Wichita Falls. TPDES Worksheets are available to help you develop the plan. A SWP3 must be completed before submittal of a NOI. A NOI is required to be submitted, for a NEW industrial facility, at least 48 hours before a discharge of storm water associated with the industrial activity occurs. A NOI must be submitted 10 days before change of ownership of an EXISTING permitted facility, and the seller must submit a Notice of Termination (NOT), 10 days before change of ownership.